I have been asked by a couple of people about masculine cards lately. It seems we all have trouble with cards for the boys and men in our lives. Here are some tips for making masculine cards:
- Make sure you have a couple of versatile stamp sets that are not gender specific.
- Sponging, daubering, paper-piercing and tearing are great techniques for masculine cards.
- Metal is always good for mens cards; brads, eyelets, clips, Hodgepodge Hardware, just avoid the flowery ones! See the catalogue pages 148-149.
- Colours like Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Kraft are great for guys. Match them with some DSP stripes or small (non-flowery) patterns. Don't be afraid of introducing colour - orange, red and yellow are great with blues and greens.
- Stars instead of flowers, bold instead of soft, squares instead of scallops.
Here are two that I created this week for twins who have their 21st today...