Earlier this year, I attended a virtual demonstrator-only event where we created three fabulous cards using the Translucent Florals Bundle, and this is one of those cards. I love the elegance of this congratulations greeting card and I also love that it is not floral, despite using a flower-dominant stamp set.
Bundles: Translucent Florals Stamp Set + Translucent Florals Dies (cling: 162253). Ink: Garden Green (147089), Gray Granite (147118). Card/Paper: Gray Granite (147008), Basic White (159228). Accessories: Classic Matte Dots (158146). Tools: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Deckled Rectangles Dies (159173), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).
I loved creating this card and you can too! Here are the instructions...
- Cut Gray Granite cardstock at 21 cm x 14.8 cm (8-1/4" x 5-3/4"), score at 10.5 cm (4-1/8"), and fold the card base in half. Stamp the front of the card with the thin leaf image three times in Gray Granite ink.
- Stamp two leafy branches in Garden Green ink onto a piece of Basic White cardstock and die-cut out. Adhere both branches to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut Basic White cardstock at 10 cm x 2.5 cm (4" x 1") and stamp sentiment in Gray Granite ink. Use the largest die from the Deckled Rectangles Dies, line up underneath the sentiment and die-cut a textured edge. Adhere sentiment to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add a scattering of Basic Gray Classic Matte Dots to the card front.
But wait... there's more! Not only did we create this card, but we were given instructions on how to step it up, adding more detailed elements. So I had a go, and here is the outcome...
Bundles: Translucent Florals Stamp Set + Translucent Florals Dies (cling: 162253). Ink: Garden Green (147089), Gray Granite (147118), Copper Clay (161647). Card/Paper: Gray Granite (147008), Basic White (159228). Accessories: Matte Finish Embossing Paste (141979), Copper Clay 3/8" Textured Ribbon (158146), Classic Matte Dots (158146). Tools: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Deckled Rectangles Dies (159173), Palette Knives (142808), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).
You can see a lot of similarities between the first and second cards. The little extras that make this congratulations card extra special are...
- Cut a piece of cardstock the same size as the card front and die-cut leaves out of it to create a mask or stencil. Lay the mask over the card front (after stamping the three thin leave images) and apply a layer of Embossing Paste with a Palette Knife. Set this aside to dry before adding more elements to the card.
- Stamp the words in Copper Clay ink (instead of Gray Granite ink) and adhere a length of Copper Clay Textured Ribbon behind the words, before adding them to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
I was so fortunate to be able to order the Translucent Florals Bundle so early - way back in May! I have been dying to share this fabulous bundle with you and now it is finally here in the new mini catalogue. Not only that, Stampin' Up! have released the Delightful Floral Designer Series Paper to match... so many ideas, so little time!
Click HERE to contact me to order your new favourites from the mini catalogue or order online with me.