For Easter this year I have created four of these great Easter door hangers, one for each of the four kids that will be with us over that period. Each box has the initial of the child that it is for. I hope to surprise them on Easter Sunday morning, a bit like Santa Claus at Christmas!
Stamps: Chocolate Bunny (117725), Vintage Vogue (not available until 1 April), Defining Alphabet (116354). Card/Paper: Kraft (106554), Almost Amethyst (108621), Certainly Celery (108619), Whisper White (106549), Tea Party DSP (113992). Ink: Almost Amethyst (101723), Certainly Celery (105217), Close To Cocoa (103139), Chocolate Chip (100908), VersaMark (102283). Accessories: Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (109130), Clear Rhinestone Brads (113144), White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (105021). Tools: 1-3/4" Circle Punch (112004), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (104401), 1-1/4" Circle Punch (104403), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Boho Blossoms Punch (110711), Mat Pack (105826), Stampin' Sponges (101610), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).
And here it is hanging on the door with the chocolate bunny that it was designed around...
There is a lot to say about this project, plus kudos to give...
- I found a really great box design and tutorial by Andrea Walford, but altered it (quite a bit!) so the chocolate bunny fits snuggly inside.
- The overall look of the box was inspired by this gorgeous card by Tessa Wise, but I changed up the colours for Kraft, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip.
- The little paper flower is made the same way as the flower for the April Workshop. Instead of using the Scallop Circle Punch, I used the largest flower from the Boho Blossums punch and the smallest Rhinestone Brad. There is a really great tutorial on how to make the Scallop Circle flower by Megan Mcdonald.
- Isn't the bunny scrummy when embossed in Chocolate Chip? He almost looks like chocolate! The Chocolate Bunny stamp is from the Summer Mini so is only available for one more week (until 31 March). Don't forget that Sale-a-bration also finishes on 31 March.
- Can you spot the new stamp set... it is two of the stamps from Vintage Vogue, which can be found in the new Autumn-Winter Mini available from 1 April.
Come for Cake & Coffee... To celebrate the launch of the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue I am having cake and coffee at my house on Thursday, 1 April at 7.30 pm, no cost. Come along and check out and play with the new products, bring your latest creations and share ideas over some cake and coffee. Anyone who comes takes home an Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue for free. Also any orders placed on the night will get free shipping.
- Click HERE to contact me to let me know you are coming along to the Cake & Coffee Evening.
- Click HERE to find out more about the April Workshops. Come along to find out how to make these paper flowers.
- Click HERE to contact me to place that last-minute order for products featured in the Summer Mini and get your free stamp sets from Sale-a-bration - only until 31 March!